COOKING TIME: 8 Hours
- 8-10oz ground beef or turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 green onions (diced)
- I large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 green peppers (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2 cans of pinto beans with jalapeno peppers (drained)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles (Rotel)
- 1 small can of diced green chiles
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- Heat olive oil, garlic & green onions in a skillet, add ground beef (or turkey) and cook until lightly browned.
- Add 1 tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp cumin to beef (turkey) mixture and cook one more minute.
- In the crockpot, mix the pinto beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilis, chopped onions & peppers and remaining chili powder & cumin.
- Add the cooked beef (turkey) mixture to the Crockpot and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours (stirring once in the final hour).
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with more green onions (and low fat cheese or sour cream, if desired).