COOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 can (about 7 oz) whole green chiles, drained
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (about 14 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cups (or 1 can) corn
- 1 can (16 oz) gluten-free refried beans
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups crushed corn tortilla chips
- Chopped fresh tomato
- Chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut chiles in half, lengthwise; place in single layer in prepared dish.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook and stir turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add canned tomatoes; cook about 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Spoon turkey mixture over chiles; top with corn & beans. Sprinkle with cheese and chips.
- Bake 30 minutes; let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh diced tomato & green onions.
From the "Casseroles Cookbook" 2008, Louis Webber, CEO, Publications International Ltd.