COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 new potatoes, small
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, small, diced
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 cups milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz frozen corn
- Cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces and place in a medium-sized saucepan with the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion to the pot and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 10 minutes.
- While that is cooking, wash and finely dice the potatoes and add them to the pot (peel only if their skin is thick).
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are very tender, about 10 more minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally to keep the chowder from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Simmer longer for softer vegetables.
- Serve hot.
From the book "You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free" by Roben Ryberg