COOKING TIME: 15 Minutes
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 lb chicken, sliced
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and snap peas to skillet; stir-fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Add onion, water chestnuts, & peppers. Stir fry just until the onion begins to soften.
- Stir in sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
- Serve over brown or white rice.